Tockenhefe - Mix aus MJ20 and Danstar Munich classic WHEAT?

Antworten
kbaggen
Neuling
Neuling

Tockenhefe - Mix aus MJ20 and Danstar Munich classic WHEAT?

Beitrag von kbaggen »

Hallo, erste frage!

(Ich bin nicht von Deutchland und damit zu entschuldigen!)

Ich habe ein 8-10 Weizenbier mit MJ20 und Danstar Münich Classic WHEAT hefen, gebraut, die alle in Ordnung gewesen.

MJ20 gibt eine gute Textur erinnert an Weizenbier , aber es fehlt Banane.

Danstar München Klassisch, fehlt Konsistenz von einem klassischen Weizenbier , sondern gibt wirklich gute Banane.

Dann versuchte etwas, diese beiden Hefe zu kombinieren? Können Sie das tun?

Klaus@DK

--------------------------------------------------
(do this in UK too, just for the sake of understanding)

I have made en 8-10 Wiezen with Mangrove Jack M20 and also a few with Danstar Münich Classic, and my experience is that both yeast makes good wiezen, but:

MJ20 has a nice feeling in mouth, texture as a good wiezen. But it some degree lacks the taste of banana.

Danstar Munich CLassic, have a very nice banana taste, but in some way lack the wiezen mouthfeel I like!

An hence, I am considering to make a blend of these to yeasts, and my question is this have been tried? Any experiences and comments on my findings?

Klaus
(sorry for the more elaborated UK version)
Zuletzt geändert von kbaggen am Dienstag 8. November 2016, 09:13, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
chaos-black
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Re: Tockenhefe - Mix aus MJ20 and Danstar Munich classic?

Beitrag von chaos-black »

Hi, und willkommen im Forum!
ich glaube die wenigsten hier haben Erfahrungen mit Hefe Mischungen, und dann sinkt die Wahrscheinlichkeit jmd. mit speziell dieser Mischung zu finden nochmal stärker. Im Zweifelsfall klingt das aber so oder so nach einem spannenden Vorhaben! Wenn du es durchführst würde ich mich sehr über einen kleinen Bericht hier freuen, auch gern auf Englisch falls es zu schwierig mit Deutsch wird. Und ansonsten um Bananengeschmack von Weizen zu verstärken gab es ja noch den Tip eine Rast auszudehnen, ich erinnere mich nur gerade nicht mehr welche

_____

Welcome to the Forum!
I believe only few have experience in blending different kinds of yeast, and then finding someone who has tried this specific blend is even less likely. However, this sounds like a very interesting project and I would be very happy if you could tell us how it went if you'd decide to try it. Also feel free to use English if it might be too difficult in German. Anyway, I remember that there was another tip to increase the banana flavor in Weizen, which was to prolong a specific rest. But unfortunately I can't remember at what temperature...

Beste Grüße,
Alex
Meine Hobbybrauerei: http://brauerei-flaschenpost.de/ (gerade offline)
kbaggen
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von kbaggen »

Thanks Alex :-)
But do you DE guys have the same experience with MJ20 giving a very nice mouth feel whereas Danstar Munich Classic wheat yeast give a rather thin mouth feel........but the later do have the more correct Baviavan wheat beer taste ?

I simply hate to go down the road of liquid yeast as the cost is time 3 for the cost of yeast!
chaos-black
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Beitrag von chaos-black »

I actually can't answer that, because I have only brewed one Weizen using the WYEAST3068 and this recipe: http://maischemalzundmehr.de/index.php? ... f=Triticum
I liked this Weizen more than all the others I had tasted before because I really like the banana bomb :). But I have never been to Bavaria, so I can only speak about the big ones (Erdinger, Paulaner and such) that I can buy in central Germany and which might not necesserily be the best ones.

I went down the road to liquid yeast because especially for wheat beer, many people here confirmed that it makes a huge difference if you talk about Weizen. And yes, it triples the price of the yeast, but in the end it is about 5€ more. You don't want to regret saving 5€ on a beer, you worked on for hours. That is basically what I took from that discussion, but as I said before, I have not tried any other Weizen yeasts. I rarely brew that type of beer.
Meine Hobbybrauerei: http://brauerei-flaschenpost.de/ (gerade offline)
Boludo
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Beitrag von Boludo »

Seed7 mischt öfters Hefen und warum sollte man das nicht machen?
Ich hätte da keine Bedenken und finde die Idee gut.

Stefan
Bergbock
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Beitrag von Bergbock »

Die Wyeast 3056 "Bavarian Wheat Blend" ist doch ein Mix aus Weissbier- und Alehefe.
Vielleicht wäre das ja auch was?

Frank
kbaggen
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von kbaggen »

Ich wurde 2 wiezen Hefen mixen und nicht eine Ale-hefe+wizen, aber ich verstehen diesen Ideen fusioniert können und ich dinge ich will es prüfen netzte banana-wiezen gebraut sollen.
Ich will zurück kommen dann!

Stefan + Frank, danke vor die info, und es auch gibst mich dinge diesen Ideen nicht verrückt ist.
(Damm….is is a decade since I tried to write in German :-)
Zuletzt geändert von kbaggen am Dienstag 8. November 2016, 10:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Seed7
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Beitrag von Seed7 »

Entschuldigd, kurtz auf English,

Certainly not a strange idea, actually using just one strain is rather strange :) All breweries that reuse their yeast for years end up with multiple close related strains. There is nothing wrong in blending yeasts, you can takes advantage of their different properties just as you described in your post. There are quite a few "well known" blends. Windsor/Nottingham, T-58/WB-06, T-58/BE-256.

When reusing or propagating such a blend the character may change with regard to your first brew as one yeast may overgrow the other(s) yet the character will still be different compared to a solo yeast,

Go for it and please report your results,

Ingo
"Wabi-Sabi" braucht das Bier.
kbaggen
Neuling
Neuling

Re: Tockenhefe - Mix aus MJ20 and Danstar Munich classic WHE

Beitrag von kbaggen »

Gutentag,
Ich habe 4 brauer mit halbes aus MJ20 und halbes Munich Classic Wheat gemacht, und das geht ser gut.....aber nichts als einer zuzammer experimentum und dan kanst ich nichts sagen es ich besser dan eins tocken!

English!

Halloo,
just as a feedbck, then I have made 4 brews with around half`n´haldf of these 2 yeast and that goes very well in hand! As I never got to make it as side-by-side experiments I cannot sa it is better than just use the single yeast, but at least it is valid info that if you got 2 leftovers it goes fine to combine!

I have now turned my eyes of 6068 yeast :-)
Klaus
doldi
Posting Klettermax
Posting Klettermax

Beitrag von doldi »

Why don't you try the Wyeast 3068.
This yeast makes many banana! :Greets
kbaggen
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von kbaggen »

I do! Currently 20 liters is fermenting :-)
Antworten