Ardbir - Steuerung - single vessel BIAB automation system

Alles zur Nutzung und Herstellung von Utensilien (Töpfe, Braupfannen, Heizgeräte etc.), die für das Brauen nützlich sind.
Antworten
saschabouchon
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Ardbir - Steuerung - single vessel BIAB automation system

Beitrag von saschabouchon »

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe über Facebook einen sehr netten Kontakt zum Entwickler der ardbir Lösung gehabt. Er hat einen Bausatz zur Brausteuerung entwickelt, alles auf arduino Basis. Hier ist eigentlich die gleiche Steuerung entwickelt worden, wie es sie für den braumeister gibt. Er meinte, ernst oder scherzhaft weiß ich nicht, dass speidel ihn kopiert hat...

Naja wie auch immer, es ist sehr interessant und hier geht es zur Facebook Seite. Dort hat er unter anderem mal gezeigt, wie die Steuerung mit dem Grainfather harmoniert. Ich hatte auch gefragt, ob man eine hendi Platte damit steuern kann und er meinte dass sei kein Problem.

https://www.facebook.com/OpenArdBir?ref=ts&fref=ts

Zudem sucht er noch Hilfe bei der deutschen Übersetzung für seine Bedienungsanleitung. Er würde als Lohn einen Bausatz kostenlos in Aussicht stellen. Ich habe leider keine Zeit :Wink. Falls jemand Bock hat, kann er sich bei ihm über Facebook melden...
grainfather.PNG
grainfather.PNG (353.91 KiB) 25625 mal betrachtet
übersicht.PNG
übersicht.PNG (217.27 KiB) 25625 mal betrachtet
presales.PNG
presales.PNG (728.87 KiB) 25625 mal betrachtet

Beste Grüße
Sascha
Zuletzt geändert von saschabouchon am Sonntag 12. Juli 2015, 19:58, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
http://www.brauhardware.de
Rührwerk selber bauen, von der Einkocher- bis zur 70l Brauklasse! Läuterfreund, Edelstahlhähne etc...
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Re: ArdBir - Hardware zur Steuerung

Beitrag von arzaman »

Hi

Let me introduce myself, I'm David Italian homebrewer since long time and active member of the ArdBir Team

I would like to add just some information about this exciting project that has reached a very advanced and professional stage.

The project
Open Ardbir is largely inspired by the original project formerly Braudino from Stephen Mathison and then upgraded and modified by Mike Wilson under the Mike’s Brewery appellation and is been completely reviewed by Max Nevi and Italian team (Alessio, Davide, Luciano, Luigi, Piero, Savio)
Lot of enachement and new features have been introduced and a dedicate HW board “all in one” based on AtMega328 is also available.

Bild

What is Open ArdBir ?
Open ArdBir is Open source platform for brewing process control and automation based on Arduino. The platform is intended for single vessel RIMS system and BIAB process.
The controller automates all the phases: from mashing to boiling and hops addition providing all the capability to both beginners and advanced homebrewers. The system is interactive and programmable and can be configured via 4 push buttons and LCD display provides all relevant information in all phases.
A specific shield has been developed in order to connect temperature probe, SSR relay for heating element, Pump relay, buzzer as well as LCD display (16x2 and 20x3) and 4 push buttons

Here a functionl diagram with main components

Bild

Arduino Uno run the control process implementing PID+PWM control and mange keyboard and 20x4 LCD
The temperature probe provide the imput and a dedicated HW controls 3 outputs
PWM out for SSR relay controlling heating elemnt
Digital Out for relay controlling recirculating pump
Digital out to drive a piezo buzzer

What are the feature and Function ?

Feature and Functions (Version 2.8.3-RC)
  • Fully automatic and Manual mode
    Gas or Electric Heating configuration
    Full Configurable PID/PWM and process parameter
    Full configurable Unit parameter
    Full configurable Step Mash (temp/duration)
    Full configurable Boil and Hop Additions
    PID temperature control algorithm
    PWM heating power control
    Whirlpool and Cooling
    Recipe managing and storing/load
    Multi HW support (LCD 16x2 and 20x4)
    Delayed start
    Process Pause/recover
    Scale Temp (°C-°F)
    Multi Language support (Italian,English,Spanish,Portuguese;Russian;Norwegian):
    Compiled on Arduino V1.6
    GNU V2 software license
Where can I find more details?

All details of the project are reported on our public FB page, with “like” you stay tuned with the project and supporting community

https://www.facebook.com/OpenArdBir

Source code is available trough Github

https://github.com/ArdBir

user manual available on our repository as well PCB and schematic and last SW version

http://goo.gl/qMhPgu

Hope You find the project interesting !
Davide
Mastersergeant180
Posting Klettermax
Posting Klettermax

Re: Steuerung - single vessel BIAB automation system arduino

Beitrag von Mastersergeant180 »

Ich habe ihn über Facebook mal angeschrieben. Würde passen gerade. Hab noch keine Job nach dem Techniker und eh relativ wenig zu tun.
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen, unbefleckten Brust - und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, - wie er als Kind geträumt - bis auf den letzten Tag: das ist ein Mann!" (Henning v. Tresckow)
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Re: Ardbir - Steuerung - single vessel BIAB automation syste

Beitrag von arzaman »

here is my complete brew system

33L vessel
2 silicone flexible heater 1700+500W
1 12v recirculating pump
1 SS BIAB basket

and off course the brain...ArdBir...controlling all elements and the process automation

Davide

Bild

Bild
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Here a video that illustrate my rig controlled by ArdBir during live brew day
still using polyester grain BAG, now I have SS basket

Davide

https://youtu.be/w7E7C6cSRjI
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Here short guide to upgrade the grainfather commercial equipment with Open ArdBir controller providing full brewing process automation and much more !
The ArdBir all in one board is almost pug and play and porvide lot of power and flexibility to graifather compared original controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJctwTmh10

enjoy
Davide
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Even during summer holiday ArdBir team has not stopped design and engineering

we are very proud to announce the reals of a new version of the control board..after the all-in-one the ArdBir NANO a new PCB with “piggy” Arduino NANO MCU
the final result is a ultra compact board, more powerful (more I/O), easy to build and low cost (single side PCB and all trough hole component)

Bild

what do you think about?

In a few days we are going to deliver CAD file an BoM

enjoy
Davide
Mastersergeant180
Posting Klettermax
Posting Klettermax

Beitrag von Mastersergeant180 »

What happend to the German translation?
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen, unbefleckten Brust - und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, - wie er als Kind geträumt - bis auf den letzten Tag: das ist ein Mann!" (Henning v. Tresckow)
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Mastersergeant180 hat geschrieben:What happend to the German translation?
Good question
a member of the forum offer his support for translating manual and menu..but than disappeared :Grübel
so if there is any other volunteer..is welcome :thumbup

Davide
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Have you ever seen 1L micro(nano) brewery in action ?

Used to test ArdBir and for live demo but fully working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqW2OnCGT0
haihappen3000
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von haihappen3000 »

Kann mir bitte jemand eine E-Mail-Adresse von den Ardbir Leuten schicken? Auf PN reagieren sie hier nicht und ich muss zugeben, dass ich Facebook boykottiere :Pulpfiction
Dankeee
Hai
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Hi guys
if you have not still thought to you Xmas wish list why don’t you take advantage of the spacial open ardbir Xmas bundle offer ??

you buy an all in one kit and you get nano PCB for free !

VERY FEW boards in stock available !

Order now to get before Xmas
https://openardbir.ecwid.com/

Bild
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Hi guys

A Xmas present for you !

I have created a GitHub repository with all files for ArdBir NANO version including Eagle schematic and PCB

You have two building options: one with LCD mounted component side and other one solder side !

https://github.com/arzaman/Open-ArdBir-NANO

enjoy and let me know your feedback :)

Davide
danielschlingmeier
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von danielschlingmeier »

Hey Davide!

Thanks for your effort. I try my first steps with Arduino today, so when I ever manage to compile all this, I'll post more feedback here (it's a while ago since I coded myself...but I'll be able to get into it again fast...i hope :-D)

However, today I have 2 questions more related to the HW:

1.) Which ArdBir SW Version shall I use and how to configure? 2.8.3 has a configuration for the PCB. I realized you made some changes to the board saying it's "completely compatible..." Okay! Compatible to what? :) I assume ArdBir All-in-One?

//SET PCB
// 1 Brauduino Original (Matho's PCB)
// 2 Brauduino by DanielXan
// 3 ArdBir by DanielXan
// 4 ArdBir All-in-One

#define PCBType 4

Like this?

2.) Do you have any suggestions for a distributor for the HW Parts? I used to order at DigiKey, but they decided to put a kind of "random" export tax and increased their fee for shipping abroad so it became uninteresting to order there...

In general I'd be happy to get a bit more documentation regarding the hardware and the, let's say, mechanical design of the home brewery you have in mind. This is a home brewery forum and not a arduino-pro community ;)

Example: You SW places some assumptions about the mechanical design of you home brewery. Just saying "RIMS" is not sufficient, as far as i understand. There are designs with malt tubes with top-down and bottom-up flow directions (both seen here in the forum), heater in the pot or outside, different thermo element positions, heating power/types, pump power etc.

All this has an influence on the control strategy as well, so I'd be really happy to have some kind of sketch of the "reference home brewery" to understand what the SW is originally intended for..

You know, I'm mechatronics engineer and I'll have to play around with this new toy a bit :redhead

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

Hi Daniel

I try to provide quick answer to your questions

1) Exactly ! when you complie the SW with arduino IDE you shuld set the proper HW trough the right #define statement and comment the others

2) about HW components sourcing you have many different options and distributors ...basically are all ordinary componets (in NANO version NO SMD) that you can source from Ebay or any other component reseller...Farnel, RS-Compoent, DigiKey, Mouser

About process control current SWeven if it hase been designed for BIAB process all in one singel vessel is quite flexible and you can configure to adapt to many options (electric/gas, different pumps, different postion of the temperature probe..)
Than you are free to modify the SW according to your needs !

Enjoy and have a nice brew day

Davide
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

It’s a few months that I was no more active on this thread..but this not mean I have stopped my interest in home brewing and automation

In the last year I have invested lot of time,effort and money in a new brewing automation project and I have design and engineered a new smart and advanced product called SmartPID that I'm very happy to introduce to you.

The product is so advanced and feature rich there is nothing comparable on the market..in the same size of basic STC1000 thermostat I have inserted all you need for your brewing process, fermentation control or any other custom application !

But the great step head is that SmartPID is a real product engineering tested, certified with all characteristic for mass production. No more DIY unsupported kit but a long life-cycle platform powerful, flexible, programmable and SMART. Are you ready to do the upgrade? Just remove your simple thermostat or DIY solution and plug a smart process controller.

Bild

I leave you to discover all the features and functions and technical characteristic on the official website http://smartpid.com and FB page https://www.facebook.com/smartPID and I will open as well an official SmartPID thread

I hope you appreciate the big effort put in the design by an homebrewer for the homebrewing community and you support the project as you did for ardbir

Stay tuned
Davide
arzaman
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Beitrag von arzaman »

opened an official threat on SmarPID

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10493
Antworten