Braumeister - englisches Forum

Alles zur Nutzung und Herstellung von Utensilien (Töpfe, Braupfannen, Heizgeräte etc.), die für das Brauen nützlich sind.
Antworten
wet273
Posting Junior
Posting Junior

Braumeister - englisches Forum

Beitrag von wet273 »

Hallo zusammen

Auf der Suche nach Rezepten / Optimierungstipps und Hinweisen zu Brau-Planungssoftware für den Braumeister bin ich auf folgendes Forum gestossen:

https://forum.braumeisters.net/index.php

Gruss
Marcel

Zum Thema Tuning / SHA etc. habe ich da noch spannende Beiträge gefunden. Unter anderem folgenden. Bin gespannt auf eure Reaktionen:

link zum thread: https://forum.braumeisters.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=745

Beitrag Nummer 11:

Re: Profile Beersmith2 HELP
by Nesto » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:16 am

Mash pH goes up with more water, but I use EZ Water Calculator to account for it when I calculate brewing salts to add - the effect is pretty small.

I'll give you a set of actual volume measurements for a 1.049 OG wheat beer...
4.6kg malt
Mash in with 30.4 liters
Losses:
Grain absorption 3.4 liters
Evaporation 5.1 liters (90 minute boil)
Cooling shrinkage .9 liters
Loss to trub .7 liters
Fermenter loss 1 liter
Volumes:
Pre-boil volume 27.0 liters
Post-boil volume 21.9 liters
Into fermenter 20.3 liters
Into keg 19.3 liters

Since I don't sparge and I'm above ~28 liters at mash in, I fill the BM with the full amount of water to heat and treat it, then when I'm ready to mash in, draw off a few liters. Around 31 to 32 liters, your malt pipe will either already be submerged, or quickly overflow once you start pouring the grain in. After you mash in, put the screens, hold down bar and wing nut on. Start the mashing program to check the flow. Then pour the water you just drew off back into the BM. Your BM will operate fine even if the malt pipe is submerged. I have found my efficiency is actually better without sparging. You can just let it drain while you're heating up to boil and it's easy peasy!
Antworten